Myrtle Beach Electricians: Electrical Safety Checkup
Well, the kids are finally back in school. Sometimes it feels like they are off for 12 months instead of 3! Anyway, sometimes during the summer we are more lax than the rest of the year and things slip through the cracks or we tend to ignore certain things. We put off fixing things for one reason or another and before you know it, there is a laundry list of things that need fixed at your Myrtle Beach home. To make sure that your home is in working order, we have provided an electrical safety checkup list to use when going through the switches and outlets in your home. If something is off, please give Mister Sparky a call so that one of our licensed Myrtle Beach electricians can come out to take a look.
- Are your switches & outlets working properly? If not, this may indicate an unsafe wiring condition which could be a fire hazard. This is when you give Mister Sparky of Myrtle Beach a call.
- Are any switches or outlets warm to the touch? Again, this may indicate an unsafe wiring condition. Stop using these immediately and let us know.
- Are any outlets or switches discolored (browning)? This discoloration signifies a dangerous heat buildup at these particular connections. Cease to use these until a professional electrician has taken a look.
- Have you noticed any buzzing or crackling noises from your outlets or switches? There may be a loose electrical connection, thus creating another unsafe wiring condition.
- Do your plugs fit snugly into the outlets? Loose fitting plugs can cause overheating, which can cause fires. Have your local electrician replace these outlets.
If you are experiencing any abnormalities at your home, it’s always best to play it safe. Call Mister Sparky of Myrtle Beach, local licensed Myrtle Beach electricians, at 843.213.6610.