Common Home Electrical Repairs An Electrician Can Fix | Conway, SC

Common Home Electrical Repairs An Electrician Can Fix | Conway, SC

Every home depends on a functioning electrical system to power appliances and provides light. Without it, it would be impossible to use the oven or watch television. But because of the complexity of the system, only certified electricians should ever attempt to repair it. Amateur work can create serious safety risks, including electrocution, fire, and other disasters. It’s best to hire a professional electrician to ensure that the job is done right and that all safety codes are followed.

Home electrical repairs may include replacing outlets, switches, and light fixtures, repairing wiring, and installing new circuits. A technician can inspect the wiring to ensure it is up to code and safe to avoid potential hazards. In the worst scenarios, electrical malfunctions could result in fires.

The National Fire Protection Association has identified electrical failures among the major causes of home fires in the United States. Now that you know the risks associated with electrical repairs, it’s advisable to hire a qualified expert in Conway, SC for the following projects.

Flickering Lights

When lights begin to flicker, it is important to identify the cause quickly. It may be something as simple as a loose light bulb or a faulty plug, but it could also be a sign of a bigger problem. Flickering or dimming lights when a major appliance such as the refrigerator or washing machine turns on could mean a more serious electrical issue.

If you notice your lights flickering, it would be best to shut everything down and call a professional electrician immediately. A faulty electrical connection can cause a fire hazard, so it is best to address the issue as soon as possible.

In some cases, flickering lights can indicate a circuit overload. This occurs when too many appliances are connected to the same circuit, and it cannot handle the load. If this is the case, the electrician can identify the overloaded circuit and recommend viable solutions.

Exposed Wiring

Exposed electrical wires are a serious safety hazard, and Conway, SC homeowners should not take them lightly. It is crucial to have an electrician immediately fix any visible wire damage, regardless of how small. Even minor damage can cause electrical fires or other serious injuries.

An exposed wire can also be a source of electric shock due to accidental contact with the live wire. This is especially dangerous if it happens in wet conditions. It is also important to note that some wire damage may not be visible, so it would be a good idea to have a professional inspect the wiring before attempting any repairs.

Tripping Circuit Breakers

A circuit breaker is a safety device that trips when the electrical current exceeds a specified level. It is designed to protect the wiring and appliances from damage due to excessive current. If a circuit breaker trips more often, this can be a sign of an issue.

This can be especially true for older homes. It could mean that the wiring is damaged or the system is overloaded due to too many appliances running simultaneously. If a circuit breaker trips even using something as simple as a blow dryer, it is a sign of a problem and needs immediate attention.

You may need to call a qualified electrician to inspect the wiring and determine the cause of the issue. Regular inspections of your home’s wiring can help to identify and address any potential issues before they become a more severe problem.

Dead Outlets

If your outlets have stopped working, you should find the root cause of the issue. It could mean tripped circuit breakers or GFCI. Circuit breakers can trip if too much electricity flows through them, which could cause your outlets to stop working. On the other hand, GFCI may trip if it senses an imbalance in the flow of electricity, causing your outlets to fail. Whichever the case, a professional can quickly diagnose the problem.

If you suspect your outlets are not working due to faulty wiring, it is best to call a professional to inspect and repair the issue as soon as possible. Ignoring dead electrical outlets can be extremely dangerous as it can cause fires due to a build-up of heat and sparks.

Burning Smells

A burning smell that is present even when you’re not cooking could indicate a problem with your electrical systems. If you smell a burning odor even when you’re not cooking, the best you can do is inspect your electrical systems.

This could be an issue with the wiring, overheated appliances, or an overloaded circuit. If you suspect a problem with your electrical systems, it would be wise to call a professional to inspect the wiring and determine the source of the smell.

A professional will identify the issue and recommend a solution to keep you and your family safe. Electrical problems can lead to a fire, so it would be a great idea to take the necessary precautions and rectify electrical faults as soon as possible.

Visible Sparks

Sparking is never okay in any electrical system. It is an indication of a major issue that needs to be addressed. Sparking indicates that the electrical wiring system cannot handle the current flowing through it.

This can lead to shocks, surges, and even fires. If you observe sparking in any electrical system, you should contact an electrician immediately. The electrician will be able to identify and repair the issue before it causes any further damage.

The inspection may include checking for loose wires, faulty outlets, and damaged switches. The technician will also ensure that the wiring is up to code and that the system has the proper circuit breakers to protect it from damage.

Take Care of Electrical Problems Now!

Take action now to prevent electrical issues in your Conway, SC home. Don’t ignore any potential problems, as these could cause severe damage to your property. Be sure to regularly check for any frayed wires, faulty circuit breakers, or overloaded outlets.

If you find any of these issues, contact qualified electricians at Mister Sparky of Myrtle Beach to identify and rectify any existing problems. Taking action now will save you from more costly repairs and prevent electrical accidents like fire. Don’t put your family in danger. Call us now!

Photo By Spiderstock at istock

Contact Us

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.