Electrical Repair Service in Myrtle Beach, SC – Surge Protection
Electrical Repair Service in Myrtle Beach, SC – A surge can happen at any time and when it does happen it can possibly destroy your appliances, electronics and other electronic gadgets forcing you to decide on electrical repair service in Myrtle Beach, SC or completely replacing everything that was damaged. You may be wondering just how a surge can happen? Surges can happen at any time because electricity that is brought into your home is not always constant. The electrical current can go up or down due to multiple reasons. Some of the reasons are can be due to power outages, fallen power lines, strong electric usage, and even during thunderstorms. Surges are not always detectable and the problems they cause to your appliances and electronics are also not always detectable at first.
To minimize your need for electrical repair service in Myrtle Beach, SC Mister Sparky recommends that you at a minimum have surge protector outlets for all of your expensive appliances and electronics to help reduce the possibility of damage to this equipment whenever there is a power surge. Another option that homeowners may to look into is whole house surge protection.
Whole house surge protection is a smart investment for homeowners who are looking to help minimize the risk of surges damaging expensive appliances and electronics in the home. You could purchase surge protection strips, or even surge protection outlets to replace your home’s current outlets. But, chances are it might actually be cheaper to have a professional company that specializes in electrical repair service in Myrtle Beach, SC, such as, Mister Sparky install a whole house surge protection system in your home. However, having both whole house surge protection and point-of-use surge protection outlets are still beneficial for homeowners that are looking for an extra-layer of security to help minimize the risk of surges.
- If you decide on purchasing point-of-use surge protection devices such as strips and / or outlets then you should make sure that the devices at least meet the criteria that we list below:
- The point-of-use surge protection devices are rated by Underwriters Laboratories. The standard category for this is 1449.
- The devices have a clamping voltage of 400 volts of less. What this means is that this is the amount of the surge that is required in order for the point-of-use-device to trigger itself, diverting the power surge from the connected appliances and / or electronics to the electrical ground. The lower the clamping voltage listed on the device, then the better the device will perform.
- The point-of-use surge device will be able to absorb a minimum amount of 600 joules of electricity or more. The higher the amount it can absorb, the better.
- If it is a point-of-use surge strip, make sure that the device has connections to protect ALL incoming lines. Surges can enter the home not just thru electrical lines but also cable and phone lines. If you will be using the strip for your television and other devices near your television and / or computer, ensure that it has connections for coax cable and telephone lines.
- Make sure that the device has a built-in indicator light. This is for you to be able to glance at the device and ensure that it is still functioning as intended or if it needs to be replaced.
Lastly, just remember that there is absolutely no surge protection device that can guarantee you 100% protection. Even when it comes to surge protection devices that are more attuned for the prevention of damage from lighting strikes; they are not capable of mitigating the full brute force of a lightning bolt’s direct strike. If your home happens to be the target of a lightning bolt and it strikes on or very near the home, then only luck will help protect your appliances and electronics from being destroyed. But, when it comes to everyday power fluctuations that can occur on the grid, whole-house surge protection and point-of-use surge protection strips and / or outlets are a worthwhile investment for any homeowner looking to protect their gadgets and prevent the possibility of having to reach out for electrical repair service in Myrtle Beach, SC.
About Mister Sparky in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Back in 1996, Mister Sparky first opened its doors in Atlanta, Georgia. This, the original location for Mister Sparky is now one of the leading residential electrical service and electrical repair companies in the entire Eastern area of the United States and is also considered one of the biggest nationwide. Mister Sparky has an impeccable record for delivering prompt and professional service that is hard to beat and we provide our customers with upfront pricing before any electrical work is started.
At Mister Sparky we differentiate ourselves from our competition by our unique message: Mister Sparky – “America’s On-Time Electrician.” Out mottos is, We’re On Time, You’ll See, Or The Repair is Free. And we mean it. In fact, Mister Sparky is the “On-Time” electrical contractors in the electrical repair field and we are the leading electrical repair company with superior service nationwide. With over 86 locations nationwide, Mister Sparky is growing faster than its competition. When it comes to upfront pricing, honesty, integrity and professional service that simply gets the job done, time after time again, you can rely on one of our professional electrical repair service in Myrtle Beach, SC.
It does not matter what type of electrical problems you may have at home or the office, if you are in need of a professional electrical repair service in Myrtle Beach, SC that you can trust time after time again, then Mister Sparky is the first and last phone call you will need to make. All of Mister Sparky’s electrical contractors in Myrtle Beach, SC are vetted and well-trained in order to resolve any electrical issue with prompt, accurate and professional results. If you are in need of a professional electrical repair service in Myrtle Beach, SC that you can count on then give Mister Sparky a call today. You can rest assured knowing that you will be placed in good hands and for your convenience we are also available three hundred and sixty five days a year and twenty four hours a day with an emergency electrical repair service in Myrtle Beach, SC on duty. Keep Mister Sparky in mind for your next electrical installation, maintenance or repair needs.