Have you ever noticed that it almost seems like the electrical service in your home has two modes: normal and emergency? In the normal mode, everything works the way it should. When an emergency occurs, and your power goes out, all heck breaks loose. Being prepared for any emergency is essential. One you don’t think about is a complete power outage. It’s one of those emergencies that silently creeps up on us and takes us by surprise. We have to be prepared to take care of our families when they no longer have power. It’s a basic need that we don’t want to do without. Electrical fires are a leading cause of home fires in Conway, SC. Fortunately, most electrical fires are preventable.
For many homeowners and business owners in Conway, SC, a power outage can mean more than just not being able to watch TV or surf the web. Loss of electricity means loss of heat, water, and even a loss of safe refrigeration for your food. It can mean a loss of income or even the inability to perform critical services for businesses and organizations.
The safest way to deal with an emergency electrical situation is to evacuate and call an emergency electrician, even if it’s just for a brief interruption in service. Even if your home is powered by alternative energy sources like solar panels or generators, it’s essential to contact an electrician to determine the cause of the outage to be fixed as quickly as possible.
Overheating Outlets and Switches
The primary reason outlets overheat resistance is caused by inferior equipment or poorly connected wires. If your switches or outlets are warm to the touch, then there could be a problem with them not handling the amount of electricity going through them. Overloaded circuits can also cause overheating switches and outlets, which is why it is vital to call a professional emergency electrician if you notice this problem.
Electrical Outlet Shock
Most electrical shocks occur when people work with outlets or appliances. The most common cause is a shock from a device or outlet with a short circuit. Fixing these kinds of problems is best left to an electrician. Outlets that are not correctly grounded can also result in a shock. If you touch two exposed metal parts simultaneously, you could be carrying electrical current from one hand to the other through your body and become the path for electrical current. This is extremely dangerous and can cause severe conditions.
Faulty wiring is a common cause of electrical fires. The heat generated by overburdened circuits can melt the insulation and start a fire in the walls of your home. Faulty wiring can be caused by age, incorrect installation, and poor maintenance. When it comes to electrical work, you want a professional emergency electrician. Inexperienced do-it-yourselfers can cause more problems than they solve.
Exposed Electrical Wiring in the Home
Exposed electrical wiring refers to any electrical cable left uncovered or exposed somehow. This type of wiring presents a severe fire hazard and an electrocution risk for anyone who comes into contact with it. It can also cause electric shock or electrocution, especially if children or pets get to it. Exposed wiring can be found in attics, basements, and crawlspaces. When uncovered, you may find yourself tripping over wires, or worse, putting yourself at risk of electrical shock.
If you have exposed wiring in your home, it’s time to take action and call an emergency electrician before someone gets hurt.
Power Trips Frequently
If a circuit breaker trips off, the circuit is overloaded. Either too many things are plugged into one circuit, or the circuit is faulty. Call an emergency electrician to correct the problem if the breaker continues to trip off.
There are three leading causes of power trips:
Circuit overloads: Many appliances and devices require a large amount of power to start up. A typical example is a refrigerator, which requires two to three times as much energy to start than running. If several high-power appliances are switched on simultaneously, the circuit will overload. This can cause the safety switch to trip, cutting off power to that circuit until the problem is rectified.
Electrical faults: Sometimes, a fault can occur in an appliance that causes the circuit to overload. This can happen if there is an issue with wiring or water has come into contact with electrical equipment. You should contact an emergency electrician right away before this causes damage to your appliances.
Lightning strikes: Lightning strikes can cause a momentary surge in power so significant that it exceeds the capacity of household circuits and causes these to trip.
A short circuit occurs when there is a direct connection between the live and neutral wires, which causes an enormous amount of current to flow through the system. When this happens, fuses and trip switches will activate almost instantly to protect your wiring from damage. Short circuits can occur if live wires touch each other or touch exposed metal parts within wall cavities or behind light fittings. They can also be caused by faulty appliances such as heaters. Contact an emergency electrician immediately you notice short circuits in your home
Fuse Box Tripping
If your fuse box is constantly tripping, there could be several causes. If your lights are dimming, flickering, and making strange noises, it could mean you have too many appliances attached to the same circuit, so try turning off some of your devices and see if that helps. If you recently installed a new appliance which caused the fuse to blow, it could be faulty and need replacing or an emergency electrician repairing immediately. You might also want to check whether the fuse has anything else attached to the same circuit that isn’t working. If this is the case, you may need an emergency electrician to increase the load capacity of your electrical system.
Hire Our Electrical Emergency Services Today
No matter what or where the job is, there’s always the possibility of an electrical emergency. It could be something as simple as an indoor light fixture that has stopped working or something as severe as a downed power line. The good news is that these issues are very preventable with Mister Sparky of Myrtle Beach – Conway, SC. We have certified and professional emergency electricians.