Electricians in Myrtle Beach, SC – One of the largest investments most people will make are when they buy their home. Most people do not bat an eye when it comes time to have the oil changed in their vehicle or have it inspected but how often do homeowners have safety inspections done on their home’s electrical system? Professional electricians in Myrtle Beach, SC and electricians all over the country will spend most of their time this upcoming summer dealing with work due to fire damage from faulty heating and cooling systems, electrical appliances and wiring.
Home inspections should be on the top of the bucket list for homeowners and if you are considering having your home’s electrical system inspected then consider hiring Mister Sparky. Once you schedule a home inspection, our professional electricians in Myrtle Beach, SC will visit your home or business on site and inspect the electrical system to see if everything is up to code and most importantly safe to continue using. Electrical fires happen mostly because of old and / or inefficient electrical wiring in a home or business. Another major cause for electrical fires tends to happen when a homeowner overloads an electrical outlet or extension cord. So, if you find yourself having to rely on extension cords on a daily basis then you should seriously consider having your system upgraded to account for all of your home or businesses devices and appliances.
It is important that you become aware of the most common reasons behind electrical fires to help in the prevention of your home or business becoming just another statistic for yearly electrical fires across the nation. Below we will go over the top five common causes of electrical fires.
- Every year electrical fires mainly happen because of defective electrical outlets and old appliances and / or heating and cooling systems. Another major reason for fires is due to faults in cords from electronics and / or appliances. Never utilize an electronic or appliance that has a worn out or frayed power cord, instead contact professional electricians in Myrtle Beach, SC to take care of the problem and have it resolved for you.
- Light fixtures are another common reason behind electrical fires annually. This can happen whenever a bulb with a higher wattage than a lamp or other light fixture can accommodate is utilized. You should always inspect the maximum recommended bulb wattage for a fixture and never place a bulb with a higher wattage than the fixture can utilize. Another reason behind electrical fires due to lighting fixtures is due to carelessness. Whenever someone throws a flammable material, such as a t-shirt over a light, the heat from the lighting source can possibility the material starting a fire.
- Extension cords are yet another reason for electrical fires across the nation each year. Appliances should never be plugged in via extension cords and should have their own outlets. Extension cords are temporarily solutions for electrical needs not permanent solutions. If your home does not have enough outlets for your appliances and electronics then should get in touch with a professional company, such as Mister Sparky, and have our professional electricians in Myrtle Beach, SC upgrade your home’s electrical system in order to accommodate for your home’s appliances and devices.
- In the winter time, space heaters are a leading reason behind electrical fires. Due to carelessness, someone may place the space heater to close to flammable objects such as curtains, furniture, rugs and even in some cases flooring. Space heaters should always be placed on special pads designed specifically for space heaters and they should never be placed near any objects that can ignite. A general rule of thumb is to keep them at least 3’ – 5’ feet from objects that can ignite.
- The number one leading cause for electrical fires across the nation is due to outdated and defective electrical wiring. This is especially true in homes that are more than thirty years old and have not had their electrical systems upgraded. If you live in a much older home you should seriously consider having professional electricians in Myrtle Beach, SC inspect your home’s electrical system and make sure it is up to par with handling your daily electrical needs.
About Mister Sparky in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Back in 1996, Mister Sparky first opened its doors in Atlanta, Georgia. This, the original location for Mister Sparky is now one of the leading residential electrical service and electrical repair companies in the entire Eastern area of the United States and is also considered one of the biggest nationwide. Mister Sparky has an impeccable record for delivering prompt and professional service that is hard to beat and we provide our customers with upfront pricing before any electrical work is started.
At Mister Sparky we differentiate ourselves from our competition by our unique message: Mister Sparky – “America’s On-Time Electrician.” Out mottos is, We’re On Time, You’ll See, Or The Repair is Free. And we mean it. In fact, Mister Sparky is the “On-Time” electrical contractors in the electrical repair field and we are the leading electrical repair company with superior service nationwide. With over 86 locations nationwide, Mister Sparky is growing faster than its competition. When it comes to upfront pricing, honesty, integrity and professional service that simply gets the job done, time after time again, you can rely on our professional electricians in Myrtle Beach, SC.
It does not matter what type of electrical problems you may have at home or the office, if you are in need of professional electricians in Myrtle Beach, SC that you can trust time after time again, then Mister Sparky is the first and last phone call you will need to make. All of Mister Sparky’s electricians in Myrtle Beach, SC are vetted and well-trained in order to resolve any electrical issue with prompt, accurate and professional results. If you are in need of professional electricians in Myrtle Beach, SC that you can trust then give Mister Sparky a call today. You can rest assured knowing that you will be placed in good hands and for your convenience we are also available three hundred and sixty five days a year and twenty four hours a day for emergency electrical repair services. Keep Mister Sparky in mind for your next electrical installation, maintenance or repair needs.