Electrician Near Me In Conway: Warning Signs Of Electrical Trouble | Conway, SC

Electrician Near Me In Conway: Warning Signs Of Electrical Trouble | Conway, SC

Photo By princessnuch145 at Shutterstock

Most homeowners tend to neglect or ignore their home infrastructure until something goes wrong. Similarly, most of them have limited electrical wiring knowledge and generally the workings of electricity in their homes. Most importantly, electrical work exposes you to a high risk of electrocution or fire. Hence, always search for an electrician near me in Conway, SC, in case of any plumbing issues at your home.

Unless you live in a recently built home, you may benefit from fixing or upgrading your electrical system. Technology use is at an all-time high, meaning that the power demand has also increased. You need to power a dishwasher, water heaters, computers, among other appliances and devices that are useful for the comfort and convenience of your home. If you live in an older home, the installed electrical system may not comply with your electrical requirements. If any of the below signs are visible at your home, it might be time to contact an electrician near me in Myrtle Beach.

Frequently Tripping Circuit Breakers

If the fuse blows once or the breaker trips once, you can change the fuse, and you are clear. However, it might be time to call a professional electrician near me in Conway if it happens frequently. In most cases, you may find that the electrical system draws more current than it can safely feed, hence the constant tripping. If not addressed, it could be a potential danger.

A blowing fuse could result from damaged wiring. The leading cause of such damage to the home’s wiring is rodents. While this can be a health hazard, it can expose you to other dangers like short-circuiting, hence the need for enlisting the services of an electrician near me in Conway to fix the damage. Don’t forget to address the issue with rodents. Otherwise, the problem will arise again in the future. The other cause of damaged wires is aging wiring. As the wires within the electrical system age, they become brittle. The insulation could break as a result of this effect.

Flickering Lights

It is common to see the lights flickering or dimming whenever you plug in certain appliances. The motor-driven appliances typically draw more current compared to smaller devices. It would be better if they were wired on a dedicated circuit. However, there could be no correlation between flickering and plugging in the appliances. An underlying issue may cause the flickering. The other reasons why the lights may flicker include;

Loose Wiring

Loose wiring is a common cause of flickering lights and can be dangerous. In the past, loose wiring has caused fires where people have lost their property, loved ones, or even their lives.

Malfunctioning Circuit

A malfunctioning circuit may make the wrong amount of power run to your light bulbs, making them flicker. If all the bulbs are screwed tightly and are still flashing, call an electrician near me in Conway, SC, to diagnose the cause and resolve it.

Mismanaged Circuit

When your circuitry is not appropriately managed, it could result in flickering lights. This can end up causing a house fire, damaging your belongings.

If you see the lights flickering, do not ignore the sign. Although you may unscrew and fix the bulbs properly, the problem might persist. It is time to call an electrician near me in Myrtle Beach if you notice this. Mister Sparky is your trusted electrician. Our electrical technicians will arrive at your place to inspect the wiring to diagnose the problem. Upon identifying the cause, they will use their wealth of experience to resolve it.

Small Shocks or Static Electricity

Electric shocks occur whenever an electrical current travels through your body. You can be shocked by electricity when your body comes into contact with live electricity. Electrical shocks may be caused by a faulty electrical device or touching an electrical outlet. The effects of electric shocks could be severe and may even cause death sometimes. Below are some of the reasons why you may feel the shocks.

Ground Faults

Even when you have a grounded wire at home, you may still be shocked by touching the exposed wires. This happens especially when handling poorly insulated appliances. To prevent this, avoid using the old equipment having loose connections. Call professional electricians like Mister Sparky of Myrtle Beach to install ground fault interrupting outlets in places with wet conditions like the kitchen or bathroom.

Ungrounded circuits

Initially, houses were wired using a two-strand electrical cable, one neutral and the other hot. A minor wire failure could result in an electric shock with such wiring. For this reason, there have been many reports of electric shocks among people living in older homes. It is recommended you always wear rubber-soled shoes inside the house if you live in an older home to reduce the exposure to the risk of shock. Alternatively, call an electrician near me in your locality to upgrade the wiring at your home.

Hot Outlets

Outlets should never be warm or hot on touch, regardless of how long an appliance was plugged in. Most homeowners ignore this problem or blame it on high electricity use by an appliance. It might indicate something far worse. A warm or hot outlet could signify there is short-circuiting behind the outlet. This problem could make the entire home lose power if overloaded.

The other reason why the outlet might get hot is a loose connection somewhere else within the electrical circuit. The heat travels through the wiring from another point to the outlet. If an outlet at your house is heating up, switch the power off and contact an electrician near me in Conway, SC, immediately.

Additional Outlets

Something must not be wrong to call an electrician. The number of homesteads still having electrical cords and wires running in the skirting boards and under the rugs would surprise you. This is a sign that such a home needs an additional socket. You can contact an electrician near me in Conway to install additional outlets in your home instead of leaving the cords hanging on the walls or under the rugs. This will make your home safer and provide an electrical outlet whenever power is needed.

Electrician near me in Conway

Although electricity is a vital resource for many homes, it can also be a source of trouble. Electrical fires can result in the loss of property and lives. Hence, you must ensure that the electrical wiring at your home is in the right state to avoid risks of electrocution, shock, fire, or even death.

If you notice any of the above signs, call Mister Sparky of Myrtle Beach as soon as possible. Stay ahead of the problem by enlisting our services for routine inspection and maintenance of our electrical wiring and appliances.


Contact Us

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.